Network events, including conferences, themed seminars, edited publications and study groups, are listed here.
- We are holding our Network Launch Webminar on 2 May 2018. If you are interested in presenting a paper at this Webminar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are recruiting Committee members! If you are interested in becoming part of our teams, please click here for more details.
- We are inviting contributions to our ‘Research Highlights‘ section. Write 800-1,200 words reports on your latest publications, your current research projects or research events, in any area of Chinese education mobilities. If interested, click here for more details.
- On 1 December 2017, we held the third seminar of our Sociological Review Seminar Series, on ‘Educating China on the Move: China’s relations with key strategic powers‘. We put together four papers by Professor Ka Ho Mok (Lingnan University, Hong Kong), Dr Johanna L. Waters (Oxford University), Dr Dian Liu (University of Stavanger, Norway) and Ms Lulu Sun (IOE, UCL). The seminar was held at the University of Bath.
- On 9 November 2017, we held the second seminar of our Sociological Review Seminar Series, on ‘The landscape of Chinese educational (im)mobilities: Perspectives of larger-scale data‘. Four different papers were given by Professor Yaojun Li (Manchester University), Professor Futao Huang (Hiroshima University, Japan), Dr Cora Lingling Xu (Keele University), Professor Catherine Montgomery (University of Bath) and Dr Miaoyan Yang (Xiamen University, China). The seminar was held at King’s College London.
- On 20 September 2017, we kicked start our first seminar of our Sociological Review Seminar Series, on ‘Embodying China’s educational (im)mobilities: Ethnographic insights‘. Four papers were presented by these speakers: Dr Maggi Leung (Universiteit Utrecht), Dr Anni Kajanus (London School of Economics and Harvard University), Dr Peidong Yang (Nanyang Technological University) and Dr Cora Lingling Xu (Keele University). The seminar was held at Keele University.